Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Make It Monday #148

I am back for this week's Make It Monday Challenge over at Nichole Heady's blog.

This week, the technique is multi-colored generation stamping using line images.  I chose to go outside the box a little bit with my stamp selection and I chose two images from the Rosie Posie Step 2 Stamp Set.


 I started out with the larger circular image and stamped it in limeaid ice ink on Vintage Cream cardstock followed by spring moss ink.  I used the same image again in sweet blush and raspberry fizz inks.  Then I took the smaller circle image and stamped it in aqua mist and Hawaiian shores ink.


I created the sentiment panel using a Mat Stack #4 layerz die cut and stamped it with a sentiment from Hello Friend and then added the larger "Friend" word from Friends 'Til the End.  I finished off the sentiment tag by stamping the border image from Boutique Borders: Birthday in Versamark ink.

I cut a dark chocolate mat and adhered the vintage cream to that and then attached those layers to a Kraft cardstock base using foam adhesive.

At first, I wasn't sure I was going to like this technique because in the video the image just looked like it was out of focus.  Almost like I forgot to put my glasses on.  But now that I've tried it, it was most likely just hard to capture on video.  The technique was a lot of fun and going through my stamps to find images that would work was fun too.  Looking at supplies in a new way is definitely a bonus to doing these challenges.


I also have one more card to share before I go.  Not for this technique, but just for fun.  This is another that I made over winter break.  Again, if you follow me on Instagram, you've seen peeks of this one, but I still wanted to share it here.


For this card, I used the Sweet Life stamp set along with Stylish Sentiments: Birthday.

And my love affair with the gold filigree embossing powder continues *wink.  Love this stuff.

I die cut the flowers and leaves from Vintage Cream cardstock and stamped them with lavender moon, winter wisteria, and Royal Velvet inks.  The leaves were stamped in Spring Moss ink and dark chocolate ink.  I stamped the sentiment in versamark and then heat embossed it with the gold filigree embossing powder.


After I arranged the flowers and leaves, I felt like it was missing something, so I added the little bow in the upper right hand corner.  The ribbon came from the dollar spot at Target.

Just one more little thing to share before I go for the day! I have a job interview at the local hospital tomorrow- keep your fingers crossed that the position is a good fit for me and my family.  I really enjoy being a stay at home mom, but with constant cuts to military benefits and pay, we would feel more comfortable with my added income until we know for sure what is happening in the long run.  I will still be sharing here regularly, of course, and have high hopes of joining a design team this year, which would give me even more to share with you.

Thanks in advance for the positive thoughts!  Glad you stopped by today, I'll see you back here tomorrow with some more fun stuff!



Make it Monday #148 card
Supplies: (All PTI unless otherwise specified)
Cardstock: Vintage Cream, Kraft, Dark Chocolate, Simply Chartreuse
Stamps: Rosie Posie Step 2, Friends 'Til the End, Hello Friend, Boutique Borders: Birthday
Ink: Sweet Blush, Raspberry Fizz, Limeaid Ice, Spring Moss, Dark Chocolate, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, and Versamark
Dies: Mat Stack Layerz #4

Sweet Life Birthday Card
Supplies: (All PTI unless otherwise specified)
Cardstock: Royal Velvet, Vintage Cream
Stamps: The Sweet Life, Stylish Sentiments: Birthday
Ink: Lavender moon, Winter Wisteria, Royal Velvet, Spring Moss, Dark Chocolate, and Versamark
Dies: Sweet Life
Other: Gold ribbon from Target Dollar Spot

4 comments:

  1. what a great stamp set to use with this challenge! The colors make my heart sing on this foggy morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stamp to use, reminds me of tye dyed and the 70's. Good Job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you aligned the stamp for generation stamping. Great job. and congrats on the shoutout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards, Erika! Great job with the technique on the first one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!