Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Make It Monday #149

Hey there!! Welcome back!!

I am here for another Make it Monday challenge over at Nichole Heady's blog.  You can find details about the challenge here.  This week it's all about Glitter Embellishments.  I love love love glitter, so this one was right up my alley.

Here is the card that I came up with.


I wanted to use a stamp set that I hadn't inked up in a while, so I pulled out  Boy Basics: Out of this World. I started out with the spring rain card base and stamped it with some of the star images and the cluster of dots image from the set in Enchanted Evening ink.  I then die cut the tipped top dies (I stacked the smallest and the largest together to make the frame) and stamped it with the countdown stamp all the way around.  Next, I ran a piece of select stampers white cardstock through my xyron machine like Heather Nichols demonstrated in the video and die cut the pieces from the coordinating die set.  As well as one of the Happy dies from Tipped Tops.


Using the same technique as the video, I cut the xyron paper from the die cut images with an exacto knife.  For the space ship image, I did something slightly different.  I stamped the image onto the paper backing and then used the stamped image to trim the paper in sections to add the glitter.  This way, I was still able to get some of the stamped image detail and still use the technique for the challenge.


I finished off the card by die cutting some of the limitless layers squares from orange zest and white, and stamping Birthday from Stylish Sentiments: Birthday and also one of the sentiments from the Out of this World set.  I added it to my card front with foam adhesive and then arranged all of my glittered embellishments. So fun! Love all that glittery goodness!

Supplies (All PTI unless otherwise specified)
Cardstock: Spring Rain, Pure Poppy, Orange Zest, Select Stampers White, Simply Chartreuse
Stamps: Boy Basics: Out of this World, Stylish Sentiments: Birthday
Ink: Pure Poppy, Enchanted Evening, Orange Zest
Dies: Tipped Tops, Out of This World, Limitless Layers: Squares
Other:  Glitter- Various sources.


On another note,

 I had a request from my post yesterday to share the patterns that I used to make the baby booties and hat.  For the booties, I used this pattern from Repeat Crafter Me, but instead of adding flowers, I made some bows to add.  I don't have a pattern link for the bows, but there are lots of tutorials out there if you're not sure how to make a bow. For mine, I did a chain of 25, and then did alternating rows of single crochet and half double crochet for 4 rows, finished it off and then folded it into a cuff shape, sewed the ends together, and then wrapped yarn around the middle of the "cuff" to form the bow.  Easy peasy. I guess that is sort of a pattern to share with you, isn't it? :-)  Hopefully that makes sense.  For the hat, I used this pattern, but instead of doing the bow that she did, I made another one of the bows that I used on the booties so that they matched.

Thank you for the question! Please let me know if you have any others that I can answer for you!

Have a wonderful day, friends! Thanks for visiting!


1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!