Monday, January 27, 2014

Make It Monday #150

Hi-dee-ho! Happy Monday.

Sick kiddo in my house means lots of lounging around in our PJs with no particular plan in mind throughout this past weekend and again today. I normally don't get around to making my MIM card on Monday...usually Tuesday or Wednesday before I get there, but with being confined to the house on a normally busy errand day, I was able to get it done early! Thankfully I haven't started the new job yet, so I'm glad to at least get this illness over with before then so I don't have to miss any days right in the beginning!

Had some fun with this week's MIM challenge.  You can see the video over on Nichole's blog, HERE.  This week we were challenged to make a Window Screen Card.  I linked up a card from last week, but I wanted to make a new one also.  Here is the one I created after watching the video:


I decided to go with something a little more masculine this time.  I tend to gravitate towards florals and girly stuff, so I pulled out another set I haven't inked up in a while, Hello Foxy, and used it to make a little Valentine for the Mister.


I started out by cutting the Figure of Speech die from Kraft cardstock and embossing it using the Woodgrain impression plate to give it a more masculine feel.  I then die cut the Hexagon Coverplate and trimmed it down to fit behind the open 'window' of the word bubble.  I backed that with a piece of Aqua Mist patterned paper.


Next, I stamped the heart and You sentiment from Grand Ampersand onto individual hexagons, and then the word FOXY from Hello, Foxy and placed them in the word bubble using foam adhesive. I die cut the fox and stamped the image in Dark chocolate ink.   To finish the card, I used a double ended banner die that I stamped using some masking to fit the "Just sayin'" sentiment.  It didn't stand out as much as I wanted, so I placed a piece of dark chocolate cardstock underneath and then adhered them to the figure of speech die cut.  I placed that completed piece onto a trimmed sheet of Vintage cream, and then to an Aqua Mist card base.

Supplies: (All by Papertrey Ink)
Cardstock: Aqua Mist, Vintage Cream, Kraft, Orange Zest, Dark Chocolate
Stamps: Hello, Foxy, Grand Ampersand
Ink: Orange Zest, Dark Chocolate
Dies: Hello, Foxy, Cover Plate: Hexagon, Double Ended Banners, Figure of Speech

 There ya have it, friends! That's it from me today! Have a great rest of your day!




6 comments:

  1. I really like this! Very clever to use that Figure of Speech die as your window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so sweet, Erika! Fabulous job with the MIM challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever card. Love the word bubble for the screen. Great idea for masculine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really fun card. I love the speech bubble die as your window.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cute foxy card! I pinned it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!