Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday #147

It's Make It Monday time again over at Nichole Heady's blog.  This week's challenge was to take a single stamp image and turn it into a multi-color/multi-layered one.  It took me a little while to find an image that would work for the technique.  I ended up choosing one of the flowers from Ruby Rose.


I used Aqua Mist, Berry Sorbet, and Sweet Blush inks for the flower.  I started by die cutting the flower using the Ruby Rose dies and stamped the image twice using each of the colors.  I then cut apart the die cuts to create the 3 layered flowers and adhered the layers together using foam tape.


To further embellish the card, I die cut and stamped the large flower image from Ruby rose and one of the flower images from the December free set, Ruby Reprise as well as some of the leaves from Ruby Rose.



For the base of my card, I used white cardstock.  I then layered on a piece of berry sorbet cardstock that had been die cut using the hexagon cover plate.  Next, I adhered a piece of sweet blush that had been die cut with one of the Mat Stack #4 dies using foam tape.  I added the flower embellishments that I made and then stamped the sentiment from Ruby Reprise on a double ended banner die cut.

That's my take on this week's challenge! Loving all the layering with this technique. You can play along here.
 

Have a great day!!


Supplies: (All PTI unless otherwise specified)
Cardstock:  White, Sweet Blush, Berry Sorbet
Stamps:  Ruby Rose, Ruby Reprise
Ink:  Berry Sorbet, Sweet Blush, Aqua Mist, Dark Chocolate, Simple Chartreuse
Dies:  Ruby Rose, Cover Plate: Hexagons, Double Ended Banners, Mat Stack #4 layerz

3 comments:

  1. This is so bright and cheery for a cold winter's day! Beautiful colors and popped up images!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty and I LOVE this color combo! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!