Friday, January 31, 2014

Playing catch up

Happy Friday, friends!

I have spent all week playing catch up! Seems like I just couldn't get ahead this week no matter what I did, so my to-do list was huge.  I was able to get a lot accomplished, though, and should finally get some serious creative time in this afternoon and through this weekend.  I am always so much more relaxed when I have time every day to do something crafty.

Anyway,  couple things to share today.

This stamped one-layer card is inspired by a tag that I saw on Pinterest.





I used the sketchy heart from Bubble talk and stamped it randomly in Smokey Shadow, Soft Stone, Hibiscus Burst, Sweet Blush, and Limeaide Ice on a select stampers white cardstock base.


Next, I stamped the LOVE from the Headline alpha stamps in Limeaide Ice ink and the "Hello" is a stamp from Mini-Blooms that I stamped in Smokey Shadow.  It came together really quickly and I think the gray tones in it make it a little less girly, but still Valentines-ish.



Supplies:
Cardstock: Select Stampers White
Stamps: Bubble Talk, Headline Alpha, Mini Blooms
Ink: Limeaide Ice, Smokey Shadow, Hibiscus Burst, Sweet Blush, Soft Stone



In celebration of my new job starting soon, I also made a cute little frame using a couple files from the Silhouette Online store by Lori Whitlock + some Papertrey supplies to decorate my new desk.  I love this frame.  I have big plans to make several more of these to put around various places of our home.


I used some Aqua mist cardstock for the frame and select stampers white for the easel base.  (These are 2 separate files in the online store.) **Note--  I added my own accent frame for the patterned paper to the file, that is not included in the file you purchase, but it's really simple to do.  I just duplicated one of the layers of the frame, resized it and resized the opening so that it would fit the front piece.  Sounds hard, but I promise it wasn't.   I stamped some flowers from Rosie Posie in Melon Berry and then the Step 2 images in Berry Sorbet and the leaves in Simply Chartreuse.  My little front frame image is cut from Damask patterned paper from the Aqua Mist pattern pack.  I attached that to the front of the frame after it was all assembled and then added my flowers.  I cut a piece of Melon Berry Cardstock for some contrast to the inside of the frame and then added my picture and a sentiment from the Best Is Yet to Be additions that I stamped in Aqua Mist on a little scrap of Vintage Cream and then matted it on some Aqua Mist cardstock.


This one was a little more complicated to put together, but I think my problems were that my glue is not as fast drying as it could be, and I used a really heavy cardstock that isn't extremely pliable.  I still love the result and I definitely recommend the file because the finished product is just awesome.  I can't wait to put this on my new desk!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Aqua mist, Select Stampers White, Melon Berry, Vintage Cream
Stamps: Rosie Posie, Rosie Posie Step 2, The Best Is Yet To Be Additions
Ink: Aqua Mist, Simply Chartreuse, Melon Berry, Berry Sorbet
Dies: Rosie Posie
Other: Silhouette cut files by Lori Whitlock (purchased from Silhouette Online Store), Aqua Mist Pattern Pack

That's it from me today! I'm looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend with the family (with hopefully no illness this time) and the SUPERBOWL! We are scheduled to get some snow on Sunday, so it'll be a good day to snuggle up on the couch, eat way too much football food, watch football, and most likely do a little knitting or crochet. GO BRONCOS! :-)

Have a great weekend!


1 comment:

  1. Very cool one layer card! I love the modern colors. And that is so clever to make a picture frame. I'll have to try doing the same with a pic of my son! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!