Saturday, January 11, 2014

Some fun with Ruby Rose

Happy Saturday, friends! 

Glad that the weekend is finally here- even though we will be spending a good chunk of it cleaning/organizing the garage.  (Yuck).  Since we moved here to Oklahoma into base housing, we are down 2 bedrooms + my office space, so the garage is corralling all of the overflow.  Eventually we will get it all into a storage unit for the duration of our time here, but until then the garage is a maze of boxes. 

 My hubby and I are into woodworking.  It's something that we really enjoy doing together, and since the bulk of our garage space has been overtaken by beds, dressers, my office stuff, and the bins containing our holiday decor, out of season clothing, etc, we haven't been able to use any of the tools.   In addition, all of our workout equipment is in the garage since there is no where in the house to put it. A treadmill, elliptical, bike trainer, step, various weights, and more also live out there.  My husband just signed himself up for the base Biggest Loser contest, so we need to get that area nice and tidy so he can use it.  And me too. I didn't sign up for the contest, but I'll definitely compete with him to keep him (and myself) motivated.

Other than that project, it should be a nice and relaxing weekend around here.  The Colts v. Patriots game is definitely on the to-do list.  Cheering on our Colts loud and proud.  The last game I yelled at the TV to the point where it made my girls jump.  I'm sure this one will be just as bad, but hopefully will be easier on my blood pressure than the last game was.  I was surprised when I was out and about around town yesterday to see so many other people wearing Colts gear.  Most people around here are Cowboys fans so it was a pleasant surprise to see all the Colts fans showing their support.  

Hopefully I'll get some more stamping time in too.  In the meantime, here is another card that I made using some of my new Christmas goodies.  This Ruby Rose set is quickly becoming a favorite of mine, so you should probably expect to see a lot more of it in the near future! I love these images. 




I started out with a white card front and stamped the various flowers from Ruby Rose in Soft Stone ink.  Once I was happy with the way the pattern looked, I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment from the set.  I then die cut and stamped the large flower and leaves from Ruby Rose.  I chose the colors Pure Poppy, Aqua Mist, and White to work with.


I finished the card off with some enamel dots from My Mind's Eye for Studio Calico that I got in a scrapbook kit a couple months ago and then attached the card front to a cut and scored standard A2 size aqua mist card base. Quick and easy, clean and simple.

That's all for me today, I'm off to get some garage-work done! Wish me luck!!!
xoxo



Supplies: (All PTI unless otherwise specified)
Cardstock: Select Stampers White, Aqua Mist
Stamps: Ruby Rose
Ink: Aqua Mist, Soft Stone, Pure Poppy, True Black
Dies:  Ruby Rose
Other: Enamel dots by MME for Studio Calico

1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!