Sunday, February 9, 2014

Happy Birthday, Papertrey Ink!

Like they always tend to do, this weekend flew right on by!  I missed a day of the anniversary festivities, which makes me a little sad, but it was for a good cause.  My daughter's girl scout troop had their cookie delivery yesterday, so we went to pick up our cases to sell and it ended up taking 3 hours for them to unload the truck.  Yes, three hours.  This was supposed to be a 15 minute errand.  So yeah.  The Mister was so not happy with me that it took so long, but in the end we had a happy little girl and she can now sell her cookies to her heart's content.

I did create a little 3x4 card for yesterday's challenge, but I can share it another time when I use it on a PL page.

For today's challenge, I was so inspired by one of the cards Nichole posted in her blog today, so my card is based off of hers, but with different supplies/colors obviously since hers used new release items.


I started out with an Ocean Tides card base.  This was a color that I held off for quite a while on purchasing.  I wasn't sure how much I would use it and up until today, I hadn't used it at all.  I think I'll be using it quite a bit more now! Love the way it looks with all these other blue shades!


I stamped the flowers from Ruby Rose onto a trimmed piece of Vintage Cream cardstock in Hawaiian Shores, Enchanted Evening, Aqua Mist, and Ocean Tides.  Then I went in and added some leaves stamped in New Leaf.


I die cut the smallest of the Tipped Tops dies from Aqua Mist cardstock and stamped the birthday sentiment also from Ruby Rose in Enchanted Evening ink. I attached it to my floral panel using foam adhesive for the added dimension.

Here is the picture of me holding my finished card.


Happy Birthday, Papertrey Ink! Thank you for creating such beautiful and versatile products.  I heart you.  My wallet does not. Ha.

Tomorrow is my orientation at the new job.  Workin' all. day. long.  For the first time in 5 months.  Thankful for the job, but hoping that this transition is not as difficult as I'm imagining it will be for me and for the rest of my family -- they've gotten quite accustomed to me being home and able to run errands or bring forgotten items to school.  I will miss being able to pick them up from school and being able to hear about their days when they are still excited to talk about it.  I'll miss being home to have lunch with my hubby every day.  But hopefully I'll enjoy this new job and it'll all work out for the best.  Fingers crossed!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and have an amazing start to your week!

XOXO



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card. I missed most of the festivities also -- Glad you got to spend quality time with your daughter- you did what was best. Have a great day
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!