Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Happy February!

Hey Friends! Welcome back and Happy February!

Sorry I wasn't able to get around to a post yesterday, I was too busy playing a human pin cushion.

I had several appointments yesterday for the new job that I have been talking about for the last couple of weeks. They told me I would have to go through a "health screening" before orientation.  That is what happened yesterday.  The "health screening" included a physical, vision test, urine test, blood draw (5 tubes!), 2 shots, a physical fitness abilities test, and a mountain of paperwork.  It was an intense day to say the least! They are extremely thorough, that's for sure! I still have one more shot to go on Friday and then orientation on Monday.  I've never had to go through such rigorous testing for a job before, so it was an experience!

I am feeling a little yucky today- one of my shots was the flu shot, and while I know it's not the live virus, etc, I still  been queasy and have had a headache and chills since about an hour after I received it.  It'll pass, but I'm sticking close to home today anyway.  Not that I'm too sad about that because it's Anniversary time over at Papertrey and they have the best anniversary party around! I will be back to share an entry to the contest that went live today.  For now, though, I have my take on this month's color play challenge.  It can be found in the Papertrey Forums.

Here is the challenge:


I love this one! Such happy colors.  I started out with a Raspberry Fizz card base that I stamped with Polka Dot Basics II in Raspberry Fizz ink.





Next up, I layered a Cover Plate Hearts die cut from Aqua Mist with some Vintage Cream and Sweet Blush cardstock.  I also ran the aqua mist piece through with the woodgrain impression plate for some added interest.  I cut another Cover Plate hearts from Vintage cream and stamped some of the images from Happy Hearts on the hearts in Sweet Blush, Harvest Gold, and Raspberry Fizz and then placed them randomly in the spaces. A few are attached with foam adhesive.

For my sentiment, I cut a double ended banner from Vintage Cream and stamped it with a sentiment from Happy Hearts in Hibiscus Burst Ink.

Love love love how this turned out.  I stamped a couple other pieces that I was playing around with that I'll end up using on something else, so I'm sure this is a color combo I will be using again in the near future.


Supplies: (All PTI)
Cardstock: Raspberry Fizz, Aqua Mist, Vintage Cream, Sweet Blush
Stamps: Happy Hearts, Polka Dot Basics II
Ink: Raspberry Fizz, Hibiscus Burst, Sweet Blush, Harvest Gold
Dies: Cover Plate: Hearts, Double Ended Banners
Other: Woodgrain Impression Plate


I am headed back over to my craft table to work on a card for the anniversary challenge! Have a great rest of your day!!

XOXO!

2 comments:

  1. Are you becoming a firefighter? After reading what you went through, it would have to be a job like that.
    This is a sweet card. The embossing with the wood grain is a subtle, but great addition of texture to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you punched up the color scheme by using so much Raspberry Fizz. Isn't it wonderful how many different styles you can get from the same color palette? Beautiful card, Erika! Thank you for playing along!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!