Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Papertrey's Anniversary Party Continues...


Hey there!

I'm back for another Papertrey Ink Anniversary challenge! After a really long, slooooow day at the new job, I was so ready to do something other than stare at a computer! While I was staying home, crafting was a big part of my every day routine and I can feel a difference in my mood without it.  I stayed up late last night to make a Valentine's mailbox for Hayley.  Her class is having a party tomorrow and I had asked her if they were making boxes or if she needed to bring her own- she came home yesterday and said that her teacher told her they could if they wanted to- with her big blue eyes, she looked at me and said "we want to, right Mom?".  Sooo, yeah.  I'm a sucker.  But it was so worth it when she saw it this morning and jumped up and down with excitement and ran up and gave me a huge hug and said "I love it! I love it! I'm keeping this for-EVER!"

Here is the picture of it that I shared on Instagram and my Facebook page earlier today.  It's a Lori Whitlock file that I purchased from the Silhouette online store- hurry, it's on sale!


Tonight, I participated in another challenge over at Nichole's blog.  This time the challenge was to use stripes on a project.

Here is what I came up with:


I was going for simplicity because it's almost 10 pm our time and this girl needs all the beauty rest she can get! Ha.

I started with a Stamper's Select White cardstock base that I stamped in a rainbow color pattern using Background Basics: Retro.  The color pattern I used is: Scarlet Jewel, Pure Poppy, Orange Zest, Harvest Gold, New Leaf, Spring Rain, Enchanted Evening, and Royal Velvet.

When that was finished, I die cut a half and half die also from white cardstock and stamped it with the U from Live Love Life in Soft Stone ink, and then the Make My Heart Happy sentiment also from that set in True Black, slightly overlapping the two.


I wanted to incorporate some hearts as well, so I took the heart die from the Bubble Talk Dies and used it to cut two hearts from that same half and half die cut.  I then took some scraps of Pure Poppy and Royal Velvet Cardstock and adhered them to the backside using foam adhesive to give the hearts a little extra color and dimension, and then added the decorated half and half die cut to the card base with some more foam adhesive to finish off the card.

The rainbow of color was so refreshing- bright and happy! We've had a lot of gray, dreary weather around here and today was the first time in several days that the sun was shining.  My mood drastically improved after lunch when I was able to get out and sit in the sun for a few minutes.  These bright happy colors have a similar effect.

Well, I've put off my bed time long enough! I better go catch some Zzzz's so I don't look like a zombie tomorrow!  (Is it Saturday, yet?)


Supplies: (All PTI)
Cardstock: Stampers Select White, Royal Velvet, Pure Poppy
Stamps: Background Basics: Retro, Live Life Love
Ink: Scarlet Jewel, Pure Poppy, Orange Zest, Harvest Gold, New Leaf, Spring Rain, Enchanted Evening, Royal Velvet, Soft Stone, and True Black
Dies: Half and Half, Bubble Talk



1 comment:

  1. love love love that card with the stripes. every element is perfect. and... the mailbox is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!