Sunday, April 6, 2014

Make it Monday #158

Cannot believe it's been such a long time since I have been able to blog.  The new job and adjusting to a new routine has gotten the better of me.  I apologize to those of you that have been checking in that it's been so quiet around here. I definitely feel so much better when I'm able to do something creative and now that things are settling down with life around here, I'm hoping to get back into the swing of sharing things creatively.

Here is my super last minute entry for this week's Make It Monday challenge over at Nichole Heady's blog.  This week's technique was using watercolor mediums for stamping.  I used to have some really fancy watercolors back from when I was a SU rep, but somewhere in all of our moves, they went MIA.  So...I used what we had on hand. Just plain ole run of the mill watercolor paints and just used the brush to paint the color onto the stamp. I tried a few different things and I wasn't getting the look I wanted, so I finally went with die-cutting the shapes first and then stamping with the watercolor and I liked that look better. So here is my card for this week.



I was able to use some new goodies from last month's release that I hadn't had a chance to play with yet and combined them with an old set. Love that about PTI- so versatile and easy to mix and match old with new.  I used the older Simple Sunflower set and paired it with Wet Paint, some leaves from Ruby Rose and the new Deco cover plate.


I started out by die-cutting and stamping the sunflower. I painted the stamp with yellow and a little orange watercolor and stamped it onto the die cut. Next, I stamped the center of the sunflower using brown watercolor paint.  After not loving the results I was getting for using solely watercoloring on a card front, I decided to dig through my handy bag of miscellaneous die cuts and leftovers from other projects and pulled out the leaves from Ruby Rose and the banner die cut from the double ended banner dies from dark chocolate bitty dot paper. I also had the leftover pieces from the Deco cover plate die so I incorporated those as well.


I adhered the outer frame from the cover plate onto my raspberry fizz card base.  Then I took the center piece and adhered it to the middle of the card.  I added my banner die, then the watercolored flower and the leaves using dimensional adhesive.  I finished the card off using a couple sentiments from Wet Paint in Dark Chocolate ink.

Thanks for stopping by! See you next time!!

Supplies
Cardstock: Vintage Cream, Raspberry Fizz, Dark Chocolate Bitty Dot patterned paper
Ink: Dark Chocolate
Stamps: Simple Sunflower, Ruby Rose, Wet Paint
Dies: Simple Sunflower, Ruby Rose, Cover plate: Deco die, double ended banners
Other: Dimensional Adhesive, watercolor paints

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!