Monday, April 7, 2014

Make It Monday #159

Hey there!!

I was awarded an impromptu day off from work today after an eye appointment with the H monster.  She had to have her eyes dilated, so that meant no school for her and no work for me.  She's been "watching" Frozen- not sure how much of it she can actually really see because of her eyes, but it's entertaining her, so I was able to take a few minutes at my craft table and play along with this week's Make It Monday actually on a Monday. That never happens! Ha.

This week's challenge is No-Sew Quilted cards.  My card is inspired by a scrapbook layout that I pinned on pinterest earlier today while we were waiting to be seen at the doctor's office. I am happy that I didn't have to wait too long to use it! The layout is one by JCChris and you can see it on my Papercrafting Pinterest board HERE.

Here is my card for this week's challenge:


 I started out with a kraft cardstock base.  Because I don't have a lot of PTI patterned paper, I made my own using the Background Basics: Chevron and Polka Dot Basics II and then punched out 1 inch circles. I also used a sheet of Brilliant Blue cardstock that I've had laying around forever from my Stampin' Up days, and piece of the lemon tart bitty dot PTI patterned paper.

Once I had everything laid out the way I wanted it, I glued it all down and added some quarter inch strips of kraft cardstock.  I trimmed it all off and then ran it through my big shot with the Happy Hexagon Coverplate for my "quilting".

For my sentiment, I stamped Happy in New Leaf from the Wet Paint stamp set onto a piece of trimmed white cardstock.  I then heat embossed birthday from the same set in Gold filgree embossing powder onto a scrap strip of the Brilliant Blue cardstock and then trimmed both with my pinking shears before adhering them to the card.

I LOVE the Wet Paint set. So excited that another one is coming out this month! I am loving all of the sneak peeks for April.

Thanks for coming by today! See you soon!

Supplies: All PTI unless otherwise specified
Cardstock: Kraft, Stampers Select White, and Brilliant Blue (SU!)
Ink: New Leaf, Enchanted Evening
Stamps: Background Basics: Chevron, Polka Dot Basics II, Wet Paint
Dies: Cover Plate: Hexagons
Other: Bitty Dot patterned paper back, gold filigree embossing powder, versamark ink, pinking shears

4 comments:

  1. Love the wet paint sentiment with the graphic card! Great pairing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting twist - wonderful card, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the colors that you chose. What a creative idea to make your own patterned paper. It really works for your card. That would make a really cool quilt in real life.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!